Monday, September 24, 2007

My bad...

My apologies to Copperfield Racquet Club and all those who participated in the tournament over the weekend as I completely forgot about it last week. John Kutrick is one of the nicest professionals on the Houston tennis scene and I personally think Copperfield is a great club. With that plug out of the way, I would like to congratulate Brian Goldberg and Daniel Kallus for winning the 4.0 and 4.5 events respectively, especially Brian as the 4.0 draw was a rather full 32 draw so Brian had to win 4 matches to get the title. With no Dibua in the draw this time around, Kallus had a relatively easy go in the semis and finals. Unfortunately, the win will do nothing for him in terms of not making the Master's Cup. For Brian, that is at least the 2nd local title he has won in the past couple of months and perhaps that will give him a kickstart for his return to the 4.5 ranks next year. There were no doubles events at the tourney and I did not look to see what happened at 3.5 or if 5.0 made, so if you have any additional comments, please post away. Oh yeah, in reply to someone's question last week, I have no beef with Kallus and it definitely has nothing to do with my record against him (there isn't one), I poke fun because he is one of the few guys that I know has a good enough sense of humor to take it with a grain of salt and not come after me with a tennis racquet if he knew who I was.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael Salinas won the 5.0.

Jochen Moser said...

Congrats to the winners of the Copperfield tourney! Here is another chance for everyone to have some fun in a tourney. Being an active tourney player myself, I always thought it is a pity that there don't really seem to be many tourneys at Memorial Park. So I thought I might just organize a tourney there myself. Well, short story long, but you are welcome to sign-up for a little tournament I am organizing at Memorial Park October 12 - 14, 2007. Tournament ID: 809677807.

http://tennislink.usta.com/tournaments/TournamentHome/Tournament.aspx?T=61655

Hope to see you all then,

Jochen